Brie-Topped Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms with Thyme
Now, as far as lobster appetizers go, this one takes them all. It's full of garlic and lobster flavor, it's slightly creamy, and it's topped with melty, gooey brie cheese.
What more could you ask for?
If you want to make this lobster recipe ahead of time, mix up your filling and prepare your mushrooms, them pop them in the fridge until you're ready to bake them.
They come out divine --and very pretty!-- every time.
Serves about 8 (if you plan for 2 mushrooms per person).
16 large-capped stuffing mushrooms, washed and stems pulled out
1 tbsp. butter
1/4 C. minced onion
1/4 C. minced celery
2-4 cloves garlic, minced (I like lots)
1/4 C. dry white wine
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 oz. finely chopped cooked lobster meat
1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley (or 1 tsp. dried)
1 oz. heavy cream
1/4 C. freshly shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 C. breadcrumbs
salt, to taste
3 oz. brie, divided into 16 equally sized pieces
Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over med. heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic. Saute until tender.
3. Stir in wine, pepper, thyme, and lemon. Simmer 2-3 minutes, or until wine begins to cook away.
4. Stir in lobster meat and parsley. Heat through. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in cream and parmesan. Stir in breadcrumbs.
6. Scoop lobster mixture into prepared mushroom caps. Top each mushroom with a chunk of brie.
7. Bake about 15 minutes, or until mushroom is tender and brie is melted.
© 2009 Appetite 4 Appetizers.com - https://www.appetite4appetizers.com