Sweet, Smokey, Spicy Chipotle Chicken Wings Recipe
This is a nice spicy chicken wing sauce with a sweet kick-- the perfect sauce to brighten up plain old oven baked chicken wings! These provide all the heat that you're looking for from a hot wing... but with a totally unique smokey chipotle flavor.
This oven baked chicken wing glaze recipe could also could be used with all kinds of other meat, too. It's really delicious and versatile, and is fabulous on pork.
Now, this is spicy stuff! So if you need to cool the sauce down, serve it with some ranch dressing on the side, or an avocado ranch. Yum!
Makes about 2 dozen wings.
About 24 chicken wings
1/2 cup orange marmalade
2 tbsp. honey
1 (7 1/2 oz) can chipotle chilies in adobo, chopped well ( use everything )
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. cumin (ground)
1/2 tbsp. ginger (minced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1/2 C. brown sugar
extra honey (for drizzling on top at the end)
Instructions: 1. Blend all ingredients (except chicken wings) in a food processor until completely combined.
2. For the oven baked chicken wings, position an oven rack about 4-6 inches from the heat, and another rack in the center. Preheat oven to broil. Put wings on a baking sheet and season with salt & pepper to taste. Broil 4-6 inches for about 3 minutes per side, or until just browned.
3. Turn off the broiler and switch the setting on your oven to bake at 350 degree F.
4. Take the wings from the broiler and put them in a 9x13" pan. Add sauce and mix well into the wings.
5. Bake wings at 350 for about 35 minutes, stirring once in the middle of the cook time.
6. Sprinkle brown sugar over and bake about 10-15 minutes more. Drizzle more honey over before serving, if you like.
© 2010 Appetite 4 Appetizers.com - https://www.appetite4appetizers.com