Sweet and Sticky Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken Wings Recipe
These Hawaiian style oven baked chicken wings are dipped in a delicious tropical fruit-based sauce. These tasty little wings make a great appetizer for parties or get-togethers.
This also works well as a make ahead chicken wing recipe, as you can marinate the wings up to six-to-eight hours ahead of the cooking time. Which means that, when it's time to eat, all you've got to do is pop 'em in the oven and let the smell of these tasty little chicken wing appetizers cooking make your guests mouths water.
This also makes for a nice dinner service with a rice pilaf and a salad.
3 lbs chicken wings
1 cup pineapple (preserves or jam)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp. hot sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger (ground)
Instructions: 1. Prepare chicken wings by cutting them into sections & discarding (or saving for later) the tips.
2. Combine the pineapple preserves or jam, soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, orange juice concentrate, oil, hot sauce, garlic & ginger. Mix well to combine.
3. Using a large ziplock bag, combine chicken wings and mixture. Seal well.
4. Use your hands to rub mixture into all parts of the chicken wings, refrigerate & allow flavors to blend for 6 hours.
5. Arrange wings on a foil covered baking sheet and pour about 1 cup of the mixture on top of the wings.
6. Bake wings at 350F for 1 hour.
© 2010 Appetite 4 Appetizers.com - https://www.appetite4appetizers.com