Ultra-Easy Marinated Chicken Satay Kabobs
These are a wonderful Thai style chicken kabob, with similar flavors to the chicken satay recipe above. The difference? The flavor is simpler and milder, and is infused into the chicken via an overnight marinade rather than with a dipping sauce. They are also the easiest of the three recipes here to put together.
Short on time? If you need to, you can marinate these 2-3 hours. But these tasty little chicken skewers are most flavorful when marinated overnight.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Directions: 1. In a medium bowl, whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes until well mixed. Add chicken and toss until well coated. Pour into a resealable bag and marinate overnight.
2. Soak skewers in water to prevent burning. Arrange chicken on skewers, leaving a little space between each piece, and grill on all sides until done.
3. You can also bake the kebobs in a 450 degree oven for 15-18 minutes.
© 2011 Appetite 4 Appetizers.com - https://www.appetite4appetizers.com